ST 1.2 - Why is it adding silence at the end of a track?

Posted by clay 
ST 1.2 - Why is it adding silence at the end of a track?
March 12, 2006 06:30PM
I'm working on a very simple audio project. I'm working with some audio that I initially recorded with my camcorder, brought into FCP to chop up and do some basic tweaks, then I've exported an AIFF from FCP and brought it into Soundtrack to add some finishing touches (reverb, etc).

It's working fine, all except for one thing. When I export an audio file out of soundtrack after having done all my edits, the resulting file contains about :10 of blank/silent audio. This happens with any of the files that I've tried exporting.

Beyond the end of the audio in the track, there's nothing else on the timeline. I've got the playback region set to the end of the audio as well.

I know in final cut, the In and Out points are key to working with a selected area of the timeline. Does that have a direct correlation to Soundtrack?

ANY ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.
I've been using 1.3 for the past coupe of months so can't recall whether I experienced this back in the days when 1.2 was current. 1.3 in my opinion all round works somewhat better than the old 1.2.

Dave
Re: ST 1.2 - Why is it adding silence at the end of a track?
March 18, 2006 01:26PM
Dave,

Are you referring to version 1.3 of Soundtrack PRO? I only have Soundtrack, which came with FCP 4.5. I believe Soundtrack PRO comes with FCP production studio, which I do not have. If there is an update to 1.3 that I could use, would you point me in the right direction, cause I can't find it! Thanks,
Clay
Sorry Clay I thought you were using Soundtrack Pro . 1.2 is the final version of Soundtrack which is now an orphan program.
It's been almost a year since I last used the original Soundtrack program, but I don't recall have any extra silence at the end of any of any Soundtrack mix that I brought into FCP.

Dave
Re: ST 1.2 - Why is it adding silence at the end of a track?
March 22, 2006 05:33PM
Clay,

I'm having the same problem.

Soundtrack 1.2
Mac powerbook g4
Mac OS X ver 10.3.9

Soundtrack:
Mix is :22 seconds in length.
The export (loop or one shot, 24bit/44.1mhz) is :57 seconds in length.
Why does the play head not stop at the end of the last audio segment?
There is no video.

I'll let you know if I discover the problem.

Thanks for creating this thread.

David Sadler
www.david-sadler.org
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics