Big Audio File Issues

Posted by Wil Blackwell 
Big Audio File Issues
March 30, 2006 09:57AM
G4 Dual 800 1.5GB OSX 10.4.5 STP 1.0.1

I recorded a live event that was 2 1/2 hrs long. The audio was not level at the recording, so after the show was cut down, I exported the audio to an aiff file from FCP5. The audio file was 1.5GB and it loaded into STP fine. I selected all and selected process-normalize=set at 0.00. After the normalize effect was added, about 2/3 into the file , around 1 hr and 39 minures, the audio skipped mid-sentence to some other part of the file. I then tried not putting the Normalize filter on and just put a Vocal Compressor on the file. The file stayed in tact. Then I added a Limiter and the same prblem in the exact same place happened again.

I re-exported the aiff from FCP and tried the exact same process on another computer and the exact same issues happened.

To solve the problem, back in FCP, I split the audio track up into 2 parts and went through the whole process again. No problems and the job was completed.

I was just wondering if anyone out there has run into any issues like this or know if STP doesn't like big files. This is by far the biggest audio final I have ever worked with in STP so I think it may have to do with the 1.5GB file size.

ANywho, any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Wil
Re: Big Audio File Issues
April 11, 2006 05:23PM
How much free space did you have on your scratch disk?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics