getting ST back on the timeline

Posted by bill darst 
getting ST back on the timeline
April 13, 2006 10:05PM
Before I jump off this building, in utter haste, is there a trick once a FCP audio track has been sent to ST, then say EQd and saved, to just update that audio file back on the timeline like Live Type does?

bill
Re: getting ST back on the timeline
April 14, 2006 07:48PM
A whole track or a clip? With a clip, just send it to a Soundtrack Project rather than open in editor, that way is is automatically updated in your timeline. Mind you, when saving the stp project, I advise selecting the "include source audio" so that if anything happens the file the "project "refers to , it willnot affect the project.

I haven't done this ever to an entire track.
Re: getting ST back on the timeline
April 15, 2006 03:06PM
Hi Eamon . .thanks for your note

Yeah it shouldn't matter a clilp or entire program. When I select any audio cllip and send it to a ST project, it will save the changed file in the folder I assigned it, but with pre-meditated malace aforthought, it will not update the audio track from which it was sent, mainly the timeline.
What we are forced to do is put a sound beep at the beginning of the track and export it via CD or direct trasnfer to Pro Tools then re-import it. Or if I want, I can save it as a Quicktime file, get it from the folder and sync it back into the time line.
I have tried trashing the preferences, of ST and FCP, so my only other conclusion is the profound ignorance of the operator.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics