Creating computer sound effects similar to alien

Posted by chaar 
Creating computer sound effects similar to alien
May 02, 2006 10:37PM
Remember the Aliens trilogy movies? with wayland utani and stuff.

How the heck did they get their cool computer sounds? Like that sound the computers make when they are typing the names of the marines in Aliens 2 just before they all wake up.

Know wot i mean?
Dal
Re: Creating computer sound effects similar to alien
May 03, 2006 04:12PM
Most of those sounds are being created originally with modulation synthesizers, though lower budget films will often begin by using a sound effect from a sound effects library.
May 03, 2006 05:35PM
There are Foley sounds available in Soundtrack Pro. Perhaps not the same one but the SFX types are in STP.
May 04, 2006 01:15AM
Coool U MEAN sound effects U CREATED are found in STP!?

awesome Foley!
May 04, 2006 06:38PM
NO! I am not of the real Foley audiologists. (Can't figure out why though, as I love audio so much)

But there are Foley sounds in STP, anyway.
May 07, 2006 05:00AM
No sweat foley.

BTw guys i figured it out. You just have to take normal SFX files from Soundtrack, or you can the basic type-writer sound, muffle it, and change the pitch and amplittudes a bit, and you get Wayland Yutani's computer programme.

I used STP for the 1st time, so alas i did not document exactly which effects go 1st im afraid.. lol. Shouldn't be a big deal since no1 would be interested in getting ALIEN computer sound effects HAHA!!

either way, i think it's 1337 coz the computers in Wayland look way more advanced and are cooler than our current comps.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics