which software?

Posted by salem 
which software?
May 23, 2006 11:55AM
I'm looking for some software to help clean up audio captured on a DV camera. I don't know a lot about audio processing but have come across a few programs i.e Soundtrack, Ionizer, Waves Restoration and Soundsoap and was hoping that someone might be able to help me (point me in the right direction) wade through the pro's and con's of each. Typically I encouter problems with unwanted background noises like fridges air cons, hums rumbles etc that I would like to pull from the tracks. Short of avoiding these problems in the first place - I'd appreciated any suggestions that would help me determince which software I should be looking at.

Thanks
Chris
Re: which software?
May 23, 2006 12:20PM
""like fridges air cons, hums rumbles etc""

Soundtrack Pro is ideal for those types of noise reduction. All the others you mention, were the best available until STP became available.

STP excels at repetitive noise identification and removal. The NAB demo was about the worst case I have even seen. A Coast Guard boat with a woman standing on deck, talking over a hand held radio. Wave noise and motor noise overriding the voice, etc. Soundtrack Pro cleaned it up in just a couple of steps, so that the voice was clear and all the other noise levels were practically eliminated.

Pretty Slick! Now the only problem is that SoundTrack Pro is only sold as part of the Final Cut Studio. Perhaps E-Bay might help you find a boxed copy of STP, if that ends up being your choice.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics