Should one save all the bits of music when saving the project? Or just the Mix?

Posted by filmman 
Should one save all the bits of music when saving the project? Or just the Mix?
May 25, 2006 09:51AM
I've been saving the STP project with all its elements and then exporting the mix to FCP. However, the music files are clogging up my memory; I have to scroll through hundreds of music files to get to what I'm looking for. Is it necessary to save all the music and effects bits? Wouldn't just saving the project be enough to reference all the bits of sound if needed for a new mix?
Re: Should one save all the bits of music when saving the project? Or just the Mix?
May 25, 2006 03:16PM
Are all lthose bits, taken from the installed 5000 loops of sounds or are there some others you added. Obviously, if the sounds are in those 5000 loops , then they will be there next time. The problem is knowing which exact sound was used in a mix. Saving just the project file will reopen a mix exactly as it was save last IF (BIG IF) there are no other sounds used except for those 5000 loop sounds.
Re: Should one save all the bits of music when saving the project? Or just the M
July 14, 2006 10:56PM
The only sounds I'm worried about losing are the loops in STP. They're cluttering my hard drives. I've saved the project and exported the mix, can I dump them?
Re: Should one save all the bits of music when saving the project? Or just the M
July 15, 2006 12:01AM
The STP loops should be in one directory, so that the application can be pointed to it. Do not delete loops unless you don't want the music to access.

Those loops are loaded during installation and they are there to offer a wide variety of sounds. Why delete them????
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics