where are my tracks?

Posted by christoph Gelfand 
where are my tracks?
July 24, 2006 02:48PM
I want to use Soundtrack, I really do, but everytime I export or send to a Multi-track project from FCP 5.1 to Soundtrack 2.1 I end up getting about a third of the actual tracks in my project. For instance, I do the export and then find that all the actual tracks appear in Soundtrack but only certain portions of them maintain the correct audio. I have three interviews back to back to back, and all the audio is on tracks 1 and 2. But when I open project in Soundtrack I only see interview three and no audio for interview one or two. This has gotta be a bug!

Re: where are my tracks?
July 25, 2006 10:06AM
I know you have tried really hard to describe the problem, but from anothers view it is not well understood.

Perhaps try breaking down the project and start with fewer tracks from FCP first and see what the result is. No one is doubting their might be a "bug" but generally the bug is the user of the applicaton, not the code.

Since Soundtrack is not intended to be a MultiTrack Editor, there might be some incompatibilities in your thinking and the actual capacity of the application?

Re: where are my tracks?
July 26, 2006 08:50AM
absolutely. i read the manual, but i assumed i was the bug i just can't figure out what i'm doing wrong. i'll try your suggestion, but soundtrack claims i can just bounce from FCP seemlessly which I haven't been able to yet. WHat I can do is reconstruct the project in SOundtrack by exporting individual AIFFs of each track, but that's a pain in the a**.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics