Clicking Sound

Posted by salem 
Clicking Sound
October 18, 2006 10:20AM
I recently did a shoot useing a DVCam DSR 1 recording audio on both PCM tracks ( 48KHz)with seperate mikes and seperate wireless inputs. It was not audible during the recording but now both tracks have a clicking sound that I can not get rid of using STP analyse and fix "clicks and pops" Any suggestions on a fix would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Christopher - hoping it doen't come to a re-shoot arg!!!!
Re: Clicking Sound
October 18, 2006 08:03PM
I'm sure you don't want to hear this, but you can identify them one at a time using the scrub and magnify tools and then reduce the audio gain on each one to zero or very low.

I wonder why they weren't audible during the shoot.....

Did you transfer the tracks in such a way that may have created clicks? If you jam your top quality headphones into the recorder, are they on the tapes?

Koz
October 24, 2006 11:40AM
It's possible that the heads are going on the recorder. I've had a similar problem a few years back (much worse) that was definetely indentified as a head problem
November 02, 2006 06:24PM
Yes, but.

You can sometimes play the tape on the exact machine that made it and get success that way--or play the tape on a brand, spankin' new machine and use the fact that your have young and virile heads trying to play the damaged track.

Also, there's the multiple grab technique. Capture it twice and edit around the pops--which might actually be easier than trying to edit out each one. Depends on the damage.

Koz
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics