Soundtrack Pro FEATURE REQUESTS: Post them HERE

Posted by Michael Horton 
Soundtrack Pro FEATURE REQUESTS: Post them HERE
November 22, 2006 06:58PM
If you have any feature requests for a future version of Soundtrack Pro, post them in this thread.

Be VERY specific about your feature requests. And be sure the feature you are requesting does not already exist.

If you are correcting someone who has inadvertently posted a feature request that already exists or you have a better work around for that feature request, please use the QUOTE function and quote the person you are responding too.

This is not a thread about complaining about certain features in Soundtrack Pro. Only Soundtrack Pro Feature Requests will be allowed to be posted in this thread.
Re: Soundtrack Pro FEATURE REQUESTS: Post them HERE
November 30, 2006 03:35PM
1. The ability to send to Soundtrack and sent back to FCP with multiple audio tracks, seamlessly.

2. More content, possibly in a compressed format so that more content can be stored in less space.
March 19, 2007 09:54AM
Hi Folks,

I'm brand new to this forum, so please excuse me if I'm asking the obvious. Does Soundtrack Pro contain any sound effects, and if so, what kind are most useful?

Thanks so much.
March 22, 2007 07:36PM
Sidechain to the Compressor filter so one can do ducking. The same Compressor filter allows this in Logic. Garage Band has ducking too. Not STP though.

I'll second John Foley's number 1. One needs to go back and forth for client revisions too.

Craig Seeman
[thirdplanetvideo.com]
March 22, 2007 07:48PM
Not a feature request since there are many sound effects in STP. Please start another thread but really just open the program and use the search tab (where it says Instruments for example) and select sound effects. You can find this stuff even before you read the manual.

beaufort9films Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm brand new to this forum, so please excuse me
> if I'm asking the obvious. Does Soundtrack Pro
> contain any sound effects, and if so, what kind
> are most useful?
>
> Thanks so much.
April 06, 2007 01:52PM
Some accurate VU meters, reading db's would be excellent. Since we are dealing with strictly audio, something other than small reference meters going in percentages is necessary. Currently the only way to have the option of db's is using the waveform. If FCP can have software scopes for color correcting, the audio program needs good metering, "metering" is that even a word?

Cameron Young
December 07, 2007 04:20PM
I teach STP and FCP to undergrad film students.

Here are 3 features that I think are needed in Soundtrack Pro:

1.) An autosave vault feature (i.e. like FCP). A simple one-time "revert" feature is not sufficient. If STP crashes and you haven't saved recently, you're hosed.

2.) The ability to have multiple sequences/timelines in a single STP multitrack project (i.e. like FCP).

3.) When sending a FCP sequence to STP, the ability to recompress the video (perhaps in Compressor). My students currently shoot and edit in Sony HDV 1080i60, and STP runs much smoother if the video file is smaller (i.e. like the Apple Devices H.264 presets in Compressor). Right now, they have to recompress the video file and relink it AFTER they send it to STP. It would be much more efficient if you could do both at the same time.

Patrick
December 07, 2007 05:17PM
I thought of one more:

4.) The ability to color code buses and submixes. STP gives you the option, but they don't actually change colors and remain the default green. When sending tracks to buses, it would be nice to match the them with the same color.

Patrick
January 16, 2008 10:23AM
Can we get this app to behave regarding links to off-board Loop and sample storage? I'm sick of the RFS-- RED Files Syndrome.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Instantly find Next/Previous timeline Gaps with Shift/Option -G !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
April 09, 2008 04:34AM
I would like the mark the clips to make easier to find -
I would like to be able to color the clips - Blue -red yellow-- Good - Better Best ect -

you could also Mark the clips with Patterns - orange dots - triangles -Stripes - Blue Stars - ect-

Kind of like in STP - how you can mark Tracks with picts of Instruments
I want to Mark the Clips not just tracks --

I usually put several different Loops on One Track --

Dont have the Loops that have been Tried in a song - be Totally Deleted from
the Loop browser list when removed from Timeline -
Leave in browser at the bottom of window or something -

The Only place to store these loops that are not going to use
Imeaditly is at the Far end of time line --

Please make the Discloser Triangle Bigger-
Its So Small I bet Many people have not even seen it
and Move Triangle to the right closer to timeline window -

I key frame all the time having to scowl to the far left
of the screen is Slow and not necessary,

Thanks --Jay--
Anonymous User
April 17, 2012 03:56AM
I like what Jay Beeson 1 Wrote
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics