Send to Sound Track Pro?

Posted by sowza1 
Send to Sound Track Pro?
January 09, 2007 11:15PM
I have seen this topic before, yet can not find it.

I have a short film, shot on a Canon XL H1 in HDV 1080i.
From the time line I want to send a clip as an audio clip to
SND TRCK Pro for some editing, yet the option is not available.
I can only send as a multitrack project or script.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks!

John
Re: Send to Sound Track Pro?
January 10, 2007 10:54PM
There are 2 ways you can do this.

Select the item in the timeline.

1. File/Send to/Soundtrack Pro Audio File Project.

2. Right Click (control click) on the item & from the contextual menu select Send to/Soundtrack Pro Audio File Project.

Neither of these options will work if you are not working with a legal copy or have not installed the media files that come with Soundtrack Pro.

Dave
February 16, 2007 04:11PM
I think what he's trying to say is the same problem I'm having...

first, I'm not a final cut editor, I'm the audio guy here at the place I work and I'm the only one here that knows anything about soundtrack pro, and I get this allot and we can't seem to figure out what exactly is the variable that causes this:

I load up FCP, look at the sequence and find a clip with audio sitting on A1 and A2, I select this clip (with both a video track and the audio) and then right click to send to "soundtrack pro audio file" to do clean up and reduction and 1/2 the time the option is greyed out/unavailable, the other 1/2 of the time I can use the option and begin my "round trip" with no problem...

anyone have a clue as to why some clips A1 and A2 tracks WILL go out to audio file, while others, which seem to me to have nothing different than the other clips WILL NOT give me the option and leave it grey? Does this have to do with stereo pairing? if so how do I go about either un-pairing them or pairing them to get them both to send.

If anyone has any clue and can help this audio guy figure this out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

thanks in advance,

Colin C.
February 16, 2007 07:15PM
So would I, I'm still have yet to fix it and need to soon.

Sowza1
February 24, 2007 01:44PM
One way might be -- and this is probably not the best way, given all the options of working with STP -- export the track that you wish to work with as an aiff file.

Then open up STP and drag the track into a project.
Tel
March 08, 2007 03:53AM
I think if you unlink the audio before you send it to the Soundtrack Pro Audio File Project, it should work. This could be the reason only some tracks will get sent and some not as in colinc's post.

Good luck

Terry
Tel
March 08, 2007 09:02AM
Sorry, forgot to add how to unlink the linked audio tracks if you don't already know.

Highlight the linked tracks (you can see if they are linked by the tiny green arrow heads which face each other on the tracks in the timeline.) Then hit option-L, this will unlink the tracks and you can then send them to the Soundtrack Pro Audio File Project.

Terry
April 12, 2007 12:52AM
I have this same damn problem and it wasn't solved by unlinking..anyone have any ideas?

thanks
andy
June 24, 2007 05:10PM
Yeah, it's almost July 2007 and I have this same problem. I'm on FCP 5.1.4 and am wondering if this 'grayed out' issue is resolved in STP 2. Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Ross
July 18, 2007 07:41AM
The reason why the option is grey out is because when capturing the footage, the sound was captured as dual mono instead of stereo pair. you can change the setting in the capture window under clip settings. the way to varify if your clip was captured as dual mono or stereo, double click on the clip in the browser, when it pops up in the viewer see if the audio tabs says stereo or mono. if you must do a send to soundtrack audio file project, here's the way to do it: unlink the footage, then unstereo pair the two mono, and select only one audio track by itself, then right click and go to "send to" you'll find that the option is now available. You could also do send to soundtrack multitrack, and then double click on the sound clip once soundtrack pro load up, you'll get to the same window. Hope this helps.
explanation - in apple support you will find an article stating that you cannot send to soundtrack for audio file project when the clip are linked with medias from different places, that is the reason to unlink. For some reason, when capturing the sound as dual mono, even thou it's coming from the same tape captured at the same time, final cut thinks dual mono as two different "entities"

so i was wondering if i was able to change that after the capturing, like we are able to change anamorphic by clicking it in the property. The answer so far it's no. And i hope someone can tell me otherwise.

I haven't done mixing in soundtrack yet, i don't know what you gonna do with a single track, when the track was supposed to be a stereo pair. Those who have the experience please advise. Should i fix the single track and then duplicate it so i have stereo? cause fixing two tracks separately, especially when they were recording from the same stereo mic on camera, it's kind of pointless, isn't it? correct me if i am wrong.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics