Insufficient content for edit message

Posted by James Hecht 
Insufficient content for edit message
May 04, 2007 03:00PM
I sometimes get Insufficient content for edit message when sending an audio track to STP. A file is still created in my Audio bin however. The audio file acts like it should when processing, except it does not link to my FCP project. So I Import the file and sync it to my timeline manually.

What am I doing wrong, I have even noticed that the audio track will start linking after several roundtrips, is this a bug. Help please I love what you can do with this program.

Thanks James

Never give up, there is always a solution
Re: Insufficient content for edit message
May 07, 2007 02:03PM
It sounds like one of those "gotchas", maybe.

The clip sent to STP audio file should show up in the timeline and browser as "clip name.sent". When you did the first send, did you save it to your HD? Have a duplicate sequence open that you went back to and couldn't find the sent clip so you then re-edited?

It may have been a work flow thing, or just a bug. It sounds like once you got the repaired clip on the timeline you had no problem round-tripping.

Here are a couple of interesting things I found:

1) since I have done repair work non-destructively, ie: reference audio, the waveform in FCP shows the original clip, even though to the ears it has been fixed, the waveform doesn't show it. That threw me for a bit.

2) once when doing multiple processes in audio file project and going back to it the next day (after saving and shutting everything down), the audio dissappeared, just vanished! So, I now make a habit of saving, then flattening all actions, and saving with a new name. Just a little PYA.

Cameron Young
Re: Insufficient content for edit message
July 16, 2007 02:11PM
I did this to avoid that (and it worked):
I overlapped the 2 adjacent sound clips on the track, just enough to overlap less than a second, I moved the clip on the right towards the left, this way overlapping them, once I did that, I clicked in the middle of the cut and I was able to do the transition, and thus eliminating the "insufficient content for edit" message.
Hope this helps.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics