Can't send clip to Audio File Properly

Posted by shelleyrae 
Can't send clip to Audio File Properly
July 17, 2007 02:53PM
Hello Audiophiles,

For some reason I'm unable to send both A1 and A2 to Soundtrack as an audio file. I can only send one at a time. In Larry Jordon's tutorial he selects the clip, both tracks are highlighted and you can control click and send to ST as an audio file to do repairs, save and it both A1 and A2 are replaced in FC timeline with the repaired files. When I click on my click I can only select on track at a time. I've tried linking the two tracks as a stereo pair in order to selcted them both but still am unable to send them both simultaneously. When I send just A1 I am able to make my repairs, save and it does update in Final Cut timeline but A2 disappears and A1 is replaced with the (sent) repaired file. But then I have no audio on A2.

Any insights?
Re: Can't send clip to Audio File Properly
July 18, 2007 07:47AM
This is from a thread I just replied, only copy and paste hope will answer your question - if not you can read the entire thread see if it helps. links at the bottom.

"The reason why the option is grey out is because when capturing the footage, the sound was captured as dual mono instead of stereo pair. you can change the setting in the capture window under clip settings. the way to varify if your clip was captured as dual mono or stereo, double click on the clip in the browser, when it pops up in the viewer see if the audio tabs says stereo or mono. if you must do a send to soundtrack audio file project, here's the way to do it: unlink the footage, then unstereo pair the two mono, and select only one audio track by itself, then right click and go to "send to" you'll find that the option is now available. You could also do send to soundtrack multitrack, and then double click on the sound clip once soundtrack pro load up, you'll get to the same window. Hope this helps.
explanation - in apple support you will find an article stating that you cannot send to soundtrack for audio file project when the clip are linked with medias from different places, that is the reason to unlink. For some reason, when capturing the sound as dual mono, even thou it's coming from the same tape captured at the same time, final cut thinks dual mono as two different "entities" "

[www.lafcpug.org]
Re: Can't send clip to Audio File Properly
July 18, 2007 07:51AM
another thread, same idea
[www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics