Best tutorial for Soundtrack Pro recommend

Posted by tgfts fcp 
Best tutorial for Soundtrack Pro recommend
August 10, 2007 10:57PM
Specifically to turn a 2 channel stereo mix into 5.1 surround, complete with export/output suggestions.

best

J
Re: Best tutorial for Soundtrack Pro recommend
August 11, 2007 10:53AM
I suspect the first words out of everybody's mouths would be, don't do it in STP. Unless STP has presets for doing something like that, you would be far better off in a dedicated sound program.

Those of us used to using other sound programs took no time at all to poke holes in STP for either tools missing, awkward usage, my favorite, missing metering, etc. etc.

Run far far away.

Koz
August 11, 2007 11:47AM
I haven't produced anything in STP 5.1 surround yet, but I have explored it a bit & it is a sexy looking tool. Those of us NOT used to using other sound programs look forward to diving into this new feature smiling smiley

I don't have specific suggestions or detailed tutorials, but if you go to the Apple site / Final Cut Studio / Soundtrack Pro, beneath the video screen is a list of demos with an arrow on the right. Click that arrow 3 times and at the very end you will find a demo for "Surround Sound Mixing & Effects". Also there's plenty of info in the STP Help files.

Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

August 13, 2007 05:59AM
tgfts fcp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Specifically to turn a 2 channel stereo mix into
> 5.1 surround, complete with export/output
> suggestions.

5.1 surround implys that there are 6 discreet audio tracks that can be configured in the 5.1 pattern.

Using only one L and one R will not accomplish this. You need one L-F, C-F, R-F, Sub, L-R and R-R for a proper 5.1 surround field. You can do this in Compressor by encoding six discreet audio tracks to Dolby AC3 and using the panner in SoundTrack Pro 2 or some other sudio processing tool with a surround panner.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics