sync changes from FCP6 to STP

Posted by chrisrash 
sync changes from FCP6 to STP
September 10, 2007 02:39PM
I'm having an issue where when I send an audio clip from the timeline in FCP to Soundtrack Pro Audio File Project the clip in the timeline in FCP is no longer in sync. It seems like the clip has shifted which part of the media file it references.

Any ideas?
Re: sync changes from FCP6 to STP
September 15, 2007 01:08PM
I'm having the same issue. Would love to know why.

I'm trying to use STP to "clean" noise from my audio. I right click in the FCP timeline, "send to soundtrack pro audio file project," save that (check "Send only referenced media"winking smiley, set noise print, reduce noise, then go back to my FCP project. Sometimes it's in sync, sometimes it's not.

Wondering why that's happening.

Also wondering how I can return the audio in the timeline to it's original state, i.e. disassociate it from the STP Audio File Project. But my guess is there's no turning back. So I go back to the original clip and overcut.

I should spend some quality time with STP. It doesn't seem like it's a program to just dip into without knowing how it works!

Thanks,
Garret

FCP 6.0.1, OS 10.4.10, 2x2.66 GHz Dual-Core Mac Pro, 5 GB RAM, 1.8 TB RAID 5 Firewire drive (half full), QT 7.1.6, Decklink HD Extreme capture card, HDLink
September 17, 2007 03:53AM
I'm glad i'm not alone.
Last weekend i took part in a 48 hr short film competition and decided to send the project off to STP for audio tweaking. WHAT A FIASCO. I wont bore you with the details except to say i found the exported project (using control click SEND TO) out of sync and could hear the director saying "action" etc even thouth the FCP sequence was polished and ready to go. I have Larry Jordan's training DVD and thought i'd followed all the instructions. STP also crashed a couple of times. I trashed prefs in this programme not so long ago but maybe its time to do it again?
Sound Pro's who contribute to this site are usually pretty scathing about this programme which doesn't inspire confidence, but i'm still a fan and feel i must be doing something wrong.
One things for sure, i won't be relying on it next time i have a tight deadline.
September 18, 2007 05:30PM
I believe that some of the problems I'm having may be a result of audio clips with speed changes. Is that something we might have in common?

Could it be that I don't have a fast enough computer (MacBook Pro 2.66 GHz w/ 2 GB of RAM)?
October 21, 2007 09:02AM
Hi I am having the same problem, i even went as far as sending then doing nothing but saving and it was still out of sync. It works if you send all material and not just the referenced, Hope apple sorts this out as you cannot trust it if you have material not being in sync
survivalman
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics