STP track layout Question

Posted by Rod clewes 
STP track layout Question
November 28, 2007 06:59AM
Hi there, I wonder if anyone can offer some advice please to a new user of STP? I have a fairly simple project which I want to send to STP. It consists of 6 audio tracks in total. 1&2 Pieces to camera. 3&4 voiceover, and 5&6 Audio atmos. Before sending the tracks to STP, I first combine the audio as 3 stereo pairs. Now, if I were to adjust the level of say my track1 in Final Cut, track 2 would also change, as they are now a linked pair ? hope you?re still with me so far, but when I send the project to STP as a multi track project, the audio appears as individual tracks once more, and not combined as stereo pairs.

On the Final Cut Studio tutorial DVD that I have been following, the tutor brings in some dialogue that needs some work doing on it. On the screen you can clearly see the track layout in STP shows that A1 & A2 are combined on one track, and A3 & A4 are on another track. So he only is working with 2 tracks, whereas my project comes in with 6 tracks. This also means that I have to individually adjust each track level. Is it something to do with how the project is initially set-up, or am I missing something else?

Any help would be most gratefully received. I am running STP version 1.0.3 and FCP 5.

Cheers
Rod
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics