HELP using my External Keyboard and Recording Straight into Soundtrack Pro 2..
February 08, 2008 12:26AM
My buddy's got an old "YAMAHA PSR2000" and I want to be able to record compositions he plays directly into my SOUNDTRACK PRO 2.. The back of his keyboard has a number of different output choices.. MIDI , AUX out (red and white) and straight 1/4 inch output..

My questions

1. Is soundtrack pro 2 going to allow me to record directly? I've searched a lot of help topics and they say Garageband or Logic Pro 7, but no Soundtrack Pro stuff..

2. I purchased a TURTLE BEACH, MIDI - USB connection cable and got it today, just tried hooking it up and although my MAC recognizes the turtle beach device, none of my trial and error adjusments have succeeded in allowing me to hear my keyboard playing through my MAC.

3. What would be your choice of going from this keyboard to Soundtrack Pro 2 in order to record live..

Any and All help would be greatly appreciated.. is the keyboard too old, what keyboards will allow me to do such a thing, what's the best way to get it as clear as possible, because I believe MIDI isn't going to sound the way I want it to right?

Thanks,

Jesse
Re: HELP using my External Keyboard and Recording Straight into Soundtrack Pro 2..
February 11, 2008 10:54AM
Soundtrack Pro is not a MIDI driven application like GarageBand or Logic. STP is an audio editor.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics