Hey, STP boffins - Can you help me with the Multimeter?

Posted by harry323 
Hey, STP boffins - Can you help me with the Multimeter?
March 28, 2008 06:58PM
I'm trying to find and then open the Multimeter with a view to using the Goniometer so that I can "judge the phase coherency" of a sound track.

I've been gaping that the nanual for an hour and just can seem to discover how to open it.

Can anyone guide me?

Harry
Re: Hey, STP boffins - Can you help me with the Multimeter?
March 28, 2008 07:00PM
I'm trying to find and then open the Multimeter with a view to using the Goniometer so that I can "judge the phase coherency" of a sound track.

I've been gaping that the nanual for an hour and just can seem to discover how to open it.

Can anyone guide me?

Harry
March 29, 2008 03:13PM
Harry-

Start by selecting your Master Track in the Mixer Tool. Unless you are interested in just the phase of a single stereo pair. In that case, pick the channel that you wish to monitor.

Now in the effects tab on the left you will find the MultiMeter in the Metering Category. Click on it and hit the + button. It should add the name of the effect in the list. If the window does not open immediately, hit the advanced button.

In the lower right of the new window hit "show presets" Untwirl the disclosure triangle next to user presets and click on the only option that appears, goniometer. Then hit "apply preset."

My favorite tool for this is a program called Spectre. I run this in my laptop next to my system when I am mixing. It is MUCH better than the metering in FCS.

[www.audiofile-engineering.com]
March 29, 2008 07:51PM
Vance,

Thank you so much for your help.

I've now, thanks to you, managed to get this function to operate ... massive success.

I'm still very new to STP, but needed this function operational in order to submit to QC at Fotokem who have been complaining about my stuff being out of phase.

Many many thanks again for your time and trouble.

Harry
March 29, 2008 08:45PM
Glad to help. Good luck tracking down the problem.

-V
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics