audio goes missing between FCP & STP - found workaround but still confused

Posted by videowallah 
audio goes missing between FCP & STP - found workaround but still confused
August 06, 2008 11:16AM
Argh. My company just paid for me to do the Apple Certification in STP (which I passed), and I'm already lost on my first attempt to use the program.

I'm running FCP6 on an iMac with OS 10.5.4. I've got a 2min PAL DV project of 5 interviews all taken from the same tape. When I export as multitrack project, it sees my music on channels 3/4, but only sees like 3 random interview clips. I duplicated the sequence, removed the music, and exported again, and it still only thinks my project has statements from two people.

I saw something in the AppleCare bug docs about HDV and mono-duplicated channels (which mine were, since they were all on a lav mic, but on DV), so I fiddled with that to no avail. Finally I unchecked stereo pair on all my tracks and suddenly they all appeared in STP as separate 1&2 channels (including the random few which had shown up on one singular 1/2 track before). So that appears to be a workaround, but I'd rather work with the tracks as stereo and be able to automatically select them together in STP. What's going wonky in this process?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics