roland vs 1880

Posted by howard 
roland vs 1880
March 15, 2009 06:55PM
Is it possible to convert my trusty old 'Roland digital studio (VS 1880) via an audio interface for use to FCP and Soundtrack pro? I'm using FCP Studio 6 on the latest iMac. Cheers.
Re: roland vs 1880
March 27, 2009 01:12PM
For STPro you need to check and see if it has Logic Protocols or Mackie Protocols. I use to have that same board about 90years ago its a really good board for audio mixing. I miss mine even with a Roland 2480 in storage.

STpro likes Logic Protocols which i believe you just maybe missing. Even on a new mackie board you have to switch to Logic protocols.

It wont control FCP or Color that would be a different kind of board.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
March 28, 2009 02:44PM
Thanks for the reply. Yep, seems a pity to toss it into the the back of the shelf with all the other gear that's hit its used by date. Nice piece of equipment from BC. Cheers.
March 28, 2009 06:03PM
which protocols do you have in the mixer?

and don't stop using it. put it to work somewhere. i just pulled mine today to test with Protools.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics