Please Help...Noise reduction doesn't touch this

Posted by ShyPerry 
Please Help...Noise reduction doesn't touch this
February 08, 2011 06:19PM
I'm working with footage shot as exterior and some of it has a hum/tone I can't lose. I made a noise print and applied noise reduction, but it doesn't touch this hi tone. I can almost remove the dialogue without touching the tone. Any suggestions? Different process or filter? Different app?

Thanks for your help.
Re: Please Help...Noise reduction doesn't touch this
February 08, 2011 06:37PM
Use the Analysis feature and make sure you have Power Line Hum selected.
Then see if that's what it finds and a check box to fix it.

Sometimes you can notch filter out the hum since power line hum tends to be 60Hz and intervals.
Sometimes a noise gate can help as well if it's mostly prominent during points when it's not masked by other audio.
February 08, 2011 07:43PM
That didn't do it, but it was worth the effort. I'll keep working with it.
Thanks.
eli
April 09, 2011 02:46PM
sometimes NR just doesn't cut it. sad smiley
if you open the file in the file editor (ie double click to make it full screen)
then switch the view to spectrum instead of frequency (top right above the mini waveform view), you may be able to detect the affected frequencies visually and notch them out with an EQ.

the spectrum view is quite cool and can be tweaked to zoom in to certain frequencies or switch between linear and logarithmic views. once you are in it, right click anywhere in the display to show spectrum controls.

if you do see the hum / buzz you can then make a marquee selection of just those frequencies and then reduce the amplitude of them. (shift cmd L)
or just apply Parametric / graphic / band EQ. pretty much the same thing.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics