FS: Canon XL-1s many extras

Posted by Matt Snider 
FS: Canon XL-1s many extras
September 06, 2005 04:09PM
Dear FCP and DV friends and colleagues:

I have for sale a brand new Canon XL-1S with the standard 16x 5.5-88mm Canon IS Lens. It was purchased as a backup camera for a documentary that was ultimately shot on some other equipment and so the camera was not needed. It has been thoroughly tested and is in perfect, new working condition. It has NEVER been used as a deck. It may have a total of an hour of testing time on the tripod and that's about it. It has been sitting in the transport bag since March, 2004, when we took it out of the box (by the way, the box is included in this deal), and put it in the bag.

This is not a firesale and we're not desparate to sell. We simply have no use for an extra camera at this point in time so we're listing it with the expectation that someone else will be able to enjoy it and get years of use out of it. Please do not ask us to donate it or sell it at a screaming discount. We bought it at a reasonable discount already and we're selling it at the same reasonable discount since it is has never been used in production and is, for all intents and purposes, brand new with box. Anyone who knows this industry and these products will know the value here and just want the equipment for the great job it can do for you.

Also included with the camera are all the standard accessories that come with the KIT, including the 16x zoom 5.5-88mm IS lens and manual/instructions, and the following products that enhance the value of the overall package and are necessary accessories that you would have to go out and purchase anyway. They are:

A 4-year extended camera warranty by Mack Warranties (I believe there is a $25 warranty transfer fee that Mack charges to change the warranty into your name. We'll send you a letter addressed to Mack authorizing the change

A Tamrac TEC Series Professional Video Padded Camera Bag that allows the camera to be carried with the viewfinder and microphone mounted on the camera

A Birns and Sawyer training DVD called "XL-1S: Tips, Tricks and Basic Operation." This is a must have if you've never used the XL-1S before

A SLIK Model 505QFII Professional Video Tripod (also brand new)

A Canon CH-900 Dual Battery Charger that charges 900 series batteries, one after the other and, with both batteries installed on it and it attached to the camera, can power the camera for up to 8 hours

Two (2) Canon BP-941 Extended LION Batteries

A Canon CB-900 Car Battery Adapter that charges 900 series batteries

The camera is already registered in the Canon XL Club. We'll send you the certificate so you can get expedited service from Canon.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

The payment terms are cashier's check or money order only. The cashier's check or money order must be drawn on a major, verifiable U.S. bank in U.S. dollars and will be verified and cleared before shipping. I do not and never had a PayPal account and don't want one. I can't and don't accept credit cards.

I do NOT ship to anywhere except the U.S. Period. Sorry, I don't want to deal with customs forms, etc.

There will be two boxes in the shipment of this camera. One will be the camera and kit accessories inside the original manufacturer's box which will be placed inside a "plain brown box" to conceal the fact it is a camera from the shipper's employee's eyes. The second box will contain the accessories that did not come in the XL-1S box (the tripod, camera bag, dual charger, extra batteries, etc.). There will be a shipping and handling charge on each box. My packaging/mailing store charges me for boxes, packing peanuts, tape and labor. I don't make anything on the shipping, handling costs. I just pass on what they charge me.

You can specify the shipper of your choice. I'll ship UPS, FEDEX or DHL. You pick. You will be charged the actual shipping and insurance costs. The camera box will be insured for $5,000. The second box will be insured for $1,000.

The price for everything in this package is $3,795.00 plus actual packaging, shipping and insurance costs.

Don't hesitate to ask questions if you have them.
Everything is still available and now I am interested in perhaps making a deal for all this stuff and my Final Cut Pro 3 and 4 as a bundle. Let me know if you're interested.

Matt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics