FS (LA) Singh-Ray VARI ND 77mm Filter

Posted by Dan Brockett 
FS (LA) Singh-Ray VARI ND 77mm Filter
July 22, 2009 05:19PM
I have been on the LAFCPUG website since the LAFCPUG was founded and have bought and sold several items here (two lenses a few weeks ago also) with no issues. I am selling my Singh-Ray 77mm Vari ND filter, I need to re-allocate the money I have tied up in this filter into other lenses. I know, its a sickness.

This filter is in pristine condition, other than a test, it has only been used for one shoot. I take very good care of my gear and baby it. Filter has always been carefully placed and stored in the included Singh-Ray lined filter pouch when not in use. Includes filter, Singh-Ray filter pouch lined with optical cloth liner, plastic bag that filter came in from Singh-Ray.

The Singh-Ray Vari ND filter is a handy item for any Canon 5D MKII user, it allows you to easily control the amount of light entering the lens with just a twist of the filter, allowing from 2-8 stops of ND effect, giving you correct exposure while allowing you to maintain desired shutter speed, aperture and ISO. With the proper adapter rings, the 77mm Vari ND is also useful for any regular video camera or for any still camera for controlling exposure in bright, contrasty situations.

This filter is also handy for any HVX/HPX owners who use the frame rate hack. If you notice, the Panasonic cameras do not have enough internal ND filtration to easily shoot 2FPS with the 360 degree shutter in bright daylight without an external ND filter, I tried this out on a test with this filter and it works perfectly, you dial in the extra amount of ND needed to make your zebras happy.

Here is the link to the Singh-Ray site where I purchased the filter for specs and a little demo [www.singh-ray.com]

Disclaimers:
This filter is the 77mm "normal" filter, not the thinline version, meaning it has threads for mounting another filter to it. This is a good thing if you like to stack filters as I do. However if you use this filter on an UWA lens (ultra wide angle lenses wider than 21mm in 35mm terms), you will see vignetting in the corners of your images. This filter is best used on 22mm or longer focal lengths, you should then see no vignetting, at least based upon my experience.

I originally paid U.S. $340.00 for this filter two months ago. You can buy a new one today for $340.00 from Singh-Ray, there are no Vari NDs presently listed on Ebay.

$265.00 firm, buyer pays shipping and insurance or prefer local cash deal in LA. Can take a personal or business check but filter will not ship until check clears, would prefer cash. We can also use PayPal but buyer pays PayPal fees (2.9% + .30)

E-mail me with any questions blfilms@mac.com

Thanks,

Dan

Re: FS (LA) Singh-Ray VARI ND 77mm Filter
July 24, 2009 07:08PM
SOLD!
Re: FS (LA) Singh-Ray VARI ND 77mm Filter
July 02, 2012 03:11PM
I' buy the filter using paypal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics