Multi-Bay External Hard Drive Enclosure System (Wiebtech eSata)

Posted by didrikj 
Multi-Bay External Hard Drive Enclosure System (Wiebtech eSata)
May 20, 2012 03:27PM
OKAY, so you need an external storage system - I'm getting rid of my Wiebetech Silver Sata system that comes with the following items:

one (1) SilverSataIV - 4 bay system with power cable
two (2) SilverSata 1 external drive enclosures with power cables
eleven (11) SilverSata Hard drive trays
four (4) esata cables
two (2) esata express34 cards
four (4) soft grain leatherette drive cases

All these items were purchased new from Wiebetech in 2007. Retail value of all this is over $1500. Take it all for $580 or best offer!

I used the 4-bay drive on my desktop and loaned out the single bay drives to co-workers on a per project basis. That way we could easily share multiple hard drives.

SilverSATA IV features four swappable SATA drive bays and four independant eSATA connections. features four swappable SATA drive bays and four independant eSATA connections.

Flexible Storage with Interchangeable, Removable Drive TraysÂ
The SilverSATA Series offers you a choice of enclosures that work with fast SATA drives. Removable trays work in any of the SilverSATA enclosures, making the drives fully interchangeable.

This means you'll be able to take only the tray - the lightest and smallest part of the enclosure - anywhere you like. Take the tray from one SilverSATA to another. Insert the tray, and get to work immediately. Take it offsite as a safe backup, transport work from home to office, or carry it to a coworker's desk - up to 2000GB per tray.**

Sleek, Small, Compact Enclosure
SilverSATA Series' streamlined design makes it the smallest single and multi-bay disk enclosure available. Its attractive design occupies only a small footprint on your desk.

Fast Speeds
SilverSATA units accept the largest, highest capacity 3.5" SATA drives for large amounts of storage space. Transfer rates are fast! The connections are fast, too. SilverSATA II-SJ have has eSATA connectors - which let you make the most of your drives' speed.
Learn more about the Wiebetech Silversata products: [www.wiebetech.com]

Short video on how the drives swap in/out: [www.wiebetech.com]

HOT SWAPPABILITY

Each drive tray provides an independent tray lock and drive status LED; each tray is hot swappable (requires host eSATA hot-swap support) except when configured as a software RAID. FireWire units also require cycling of the unit's power.

CONDITION: These are used. I would rate the working condition as EXCELLENT. Every function, switch, plug, etc. are all in working order as would be expected. I would rate the comestic condition as GOOD. There are various small, surficial, scratches on the exterior parts of the enclosures. None of the scratches impede the performance of the units.

CONTACT INFO: I'm based in Portland, Oregon but work in LA all the time. I can ship or bring down on my next trip. Cell: 415-297-seven-nine-zero-three or email: didrikj at geemail dot com. Cheers!

Re: Multi-Bay External Hard Drive Enclosure System (Wiebtech eSata)
December 12, 2015 11:24AM
Hi there, I know this is a very old post of yours, but I am hoping that you can help me out! I have the same WiebeTech SilverSata bay as you do/did. Is there any chance that you still have a couple of the removable drive trays avaialble. Hope to hear from you and thanks so much for your time.

Cheers - Felix
felixwedgwood@gmail.com
Re: Multi-Bay External Hard Drive Enclosure System (Wiebtech eSata)
January 18, 2017 03:46PM
You wouldn't happen to have the (4) soft grain leatherette drive cases still?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics