3 RAID 320 FIREWIRE DRIVES THAT SPEED TEST FINE
RE INSTALLED TIGER
RE INSTALLED FCP
RE INSTALLED BLACKMAGIC DRIVERS
RAN DISK WARRIOR
FCP 5.03
REPAIRED PERMISSIONS
DUMPED PREFERENCES

Simple editing locks up computer over and over and over.
No one has an answer. Has this happened to anyone?
Re: HDV HELL
October 26, 2005 11:51PM
Remove the external FireWire drives and run FCP. If the problem disappears, you've got a problem on one or more of those drives. Three in a chain is on the high side. How full are your drives -- not just the three externals but also your system and internal drives?
October 27, 2005 12:10AM
1. Don't forget your RAM sticks have to MATCH in a G5. Try running 4 Gigs

2. You may have a bad RAM stick

3. Are your blackMagic drivers Tiger compatible? Maybe your card needs a firmware update?

4. Are your drives RAIDED in a chain or off 3 ports of a PCI card? A Daisy chain could also be the problem.

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

October 27, 2005 07:39AM
I'm running a similar config, but no problems, but I'm using a big Xraid, nor firewire drives.

Crashes like that are often memory related. Try pulling out the RAM in pairs and see if that does anything. Try running on a local drive and see if that helps. I know I can't capture HDV with the decklink drivers installed, so perhaps pull them out for a test too.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
October 27, 2005 08:01AM
I would agree that Firewire drives can be bad news. My preference would be SATA. Memory problems are very likely causes of system lockups.

As far as the HDV goes, what is the BlackMagic driver doing with HDV???
October 28, 2005 12:38AM
I suddenly started having the FCP dissappear from the screen on me. It happened ten times when I did a capture. Poof it dissappears. I have a G5 dual processor 2.7 Hz FCP 5.01 OS 10.4

This happened when I started editing DVCAM. When I was editing HDV nothing happened. I had no problems. However, I still haven't been able to go out to my camera with the finished movie. I don't know why. My camera is a Sony Z1 HDV.
October 28, 2005 03:04AM
I had 3 and a half hours of HDV 1080i. I ended up with a 45 minute educational movie with a few titles and some dissolves. I was able to make an iDVD copy of it, but I wasn't able to lay it back to my camera. Now that I'm editing DVCAM I started having all these problems with the FCP quitting on me. I don't know if I should re-install it or re-install the OS.
October 28, 2005 03:14AM
I was running capture now and capture clip. Whatever I did, even capturing one shot would make the FCP dissappear. It's still doing it. I downloaded a Larry Jordan article about optimizing FCP. I'm going to follow it and see what happens tomorrow. Thanks for all the suggestions, such as trashing the Preferences.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics