"Z1 to FCP HD- Step by step for this low tech ignoramus"

Posted by david robin 
I just shot my first wedding with my new Z1. It was a joy! However the back cam was shot SD.
Can anyone give me step by step instructions on the best way to edit this using FCP HD? I don't have a clue.
I will be eternally grateful.

Best,

David Robin
www.boulevardvideo.com

Re: "Z1 to FCP HD- Step by step for this low tech ignoramus"
October 27, 2005 03:11PM
First off, you need FCP 5 to edit HDV footage. That being said, since part of it was captured SD I'd downconvert the HDV footage out of the camera to dv into FCP and cut it all in standard dv.

If that isn't an option I'd capture all and use compressor to "up rez" the footage that isn't HDV. It obviously isn't going to work as well but it is an option.

good luck!

kevin
October 27, 2005 05:18PM
Yeah...Downconvert to DV.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

October 29, 2005 12:43PM
Better to post this on the forum, that way you can get the most help and help others. I'm definitetly not an expert! By what you have related something is amiss in your settings. I had that same problem after viewing some footage in HDV and going back to DV. I'd changed all my settings but the timeline was still "set" to HDV, so all my dv footage was having to be rendered. Close out that sequence timeline and start fresh with a new sequence timeline AFTER you have reset the preferences for the codec your using, you never said if you were going to use dv or hdv. That should fix it!

Kevin

On Oct 28, 2005, at 4:59 PM, David Robin wrote:

Thanks Kevin.
I tried this, looks great. The only problem I am having is that the Z1
footage needs to be rendered (red line) every time I bring it into the
timeline. Is there a solution to this?

Cheers,

David
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics