HDV & HVR-Z1U specs info? . .

Posted by Scott_r 
HDV & HVR-Z1U specs info? . .
October 30, 2005 03:55AM
Hi All,

I've have tried to search Sony's site for info on this camera. I was hoping to find a PDF version of the manual to down load and read. Wanted to know the max and mix resolution that this camera can do. How long it can record on one tape. I found pics of the carton for the tapes, but it says "HDV/DV 63 min" "DVCAM 41 min". Is DVCAM 1080i?

What is the 1080i spec? I have seen info that says its 1900 x 1200. Any info would be great. If anyone has a link to where Sony keeps the PDF for this camera, that would be great!

Thanks!

-Scott

i know this doesnt answer your question, but i have to say - sonys website blows ass!
Re: HDV & HVR-Z1U specs info? . .
October 30, 2005 02:11PM
shouldn't that be "sucks"?
October 30, 2005 02:27PM
...never seen anything "blow a$$"

Scott_r,

GOOGLE is your friend. If you look at comparisons with the FX1, they look to be the same camera except for a few technical differences:

[www.sonyhdvinfo.com]

[esupport.sony.com]

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

October 30, 2005 09:59PM
Here's some more info. . .

[www.urbanfox.tv]
October 31, 2005 09:09AM
You get 60 mins of DV or HDV on a tape. You can record DV in DVCAM mode, which gives 40 minutes to a tape, with less dropouts and no increase in picture quality.

The camera records, at a minimum 720x480 in DV/DVCAM mode NTSC, or 720x576 in DV/DVCAM PAL.

In HDV it records 1440x1080 interlaced.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
October 31, 2005 11:15PM
I don't know about anybody else, but as far as the DV / DVCAM thing goes..."less dropouts" IS an "increase in picture quality" in my book. I would record everything in DVCAM with Sony Professional tapes.

That's funny...I got images from a Z1U through Final Cut that were 1920x1080.

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

November 01, 2005 05:41AM
Well, with normal DV that I've shot, I've yet to see a dropout, so I don't tend to bother recording DVCAM. In the case where you don't get a dropout, the quality is identical.

As for frame dimensions - FCP is telling you the scaled size that makes it all square pixels. The native dimension is 1440x1080.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics