QT for web and email?

Posted by fcp_user 
QT for web and email?
November 05, 2005 01:49PM
I work with idisk, but I was wondering if it is possible to create a qt file for email? Also what setting can I use to make a qt file as small as possible for the web also?

The file is 4-5 minutes in lenght.

Using FCP 4.5
PB G4
Panther
Re: QT for web and email?
November 05, 2005 03:51PM
4 to 5 minutes is more than likely a bit to big of a file for most email recipients.

youre going to need to reduce the file size to 240x180 or smaller and really crank the compression settings.

generally the best formats for tiny file sizes are either sorenson3 or flv/swf.

you can export both from fcp but to really get the best performance youd be well advised to purchase the sorenson compression suite ($400ish) it does a far better job of both formats AND will produce a stand alone swf file where the free exporter from fcp does not.
November 06, 2005 01:42PM
I'm about to make your life a whole lot easier. I use this free file transfer service. www.yousendit.com Up to 1 gig file size, I've used them several dozen times and no problems, no logging in, no crazy pop ups, no fees, they're great. By the way, I don't work for them or anything, I had just been looking for a super easy way to screen cuts, and am finally glad I found one.

Power Mac G5 2.5, FCP 5
November 07, 2005 01:59AM
very sweet, gotta try it!

Cam
Anonymous User
November 07, 2005 11:06AM
Also, with an idisk account, you can upload your 4-5mb files to that and email the link to your idisk to your clients and have them download from your idisk. You've already paid for that. (of course, yousendit,com is free, so that's not as much of a selling point!)

I use my idisk as an FTP site and send clients to it all the time. It works well for my purposes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics