Video Clip Shrinking in Length

Posted by Eric Rogers 
Video Clip Shrinking in Length
December 05, 2005 09:27PM
I've recently tried to burn timecode to a project. Here's what I did. I imported the Mpeg2 video I've been using for DVD's back into the timeline and used the timecode filter, then re-exported. What I didn't realize is that I was losing six seconds when I imported the video back into Final Cut. The original Mpeg2 video is 1:39:16:05 in length. When I re-import it's 1:39:10:07. Anyone know how to fix this?

G-5 dual; FCP 4.5

Post Edited (12-05-05 19:29)
Re: Video Clip Shrinking in Length
December 05, 2005 11:35PM
Hmm, that's strange. Are you using the same frame rates, timecode etc? Are the In/Out points cleared on the movie file?

I don't know if Timecode Reader can read Auxiliary timecode, but you could either set the timeline timecode to match what the movie file should be, then nest that sequence into another sequence and apply Timecode Reader to that. I can't remember whether Timecode Generator allows you to set your own starting numbers; that could work too. However, why don't you go back to the project from which you had created the MPEG-2? That would probably ensure higher accuracy and prevent future problems. An MPEG-2 would also look fairly crap, and have to separate out its audio from the video file.
Re: Video Clip Shrinking in Length
December 06, 2005 10:50AM
It sounds kinda like a drop frame/non-drop frame issue to me. What are the properties of the original project and does it match the sequence?

Andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics