how do you make a still jpeg from a dv tape

Posted by lost editor 
hey guys it's me again can anyone tell me how to make a still from a dv tape image
Re: how do you make a still jpeg from a dv tape
December 15, 2005 08:44PM
Capture into FCP, rest your playhead (Viewer or Canvas) on the frame you want, then Export - Using QuickTime Conversion - Still Image. Click on OPTIONS to select the still format you want.
Greg Kozikowski
December 15, 2005 09:50PM
And just as you're getting all excited about doing that, you need to know that a video camera is about the quality of a 1/3 Megapixel still camera. That and it runs at a fixed "shutter speed" of 1/30 of a second which will not stop motion.

More than one "movie poster" has bit the dust when someone tried to grab
"quality stills" from a video shoot. People bring still cameras to movie and video shoots to get stills.

Koz

... and be sure to de-interlace that still image in Photoshop before you conclude that it looks like garbage. After de-interlacing it will look like a higher class of garbage.

Scott
December 16, 2005 12:35PM
Still export from DV: Cornrow-edged double-vision garbage
Still export from DV with de-interlace: Distorted-edge old-building garbage
Low-budget filmmakers: Accept garbage
Perfectly adequate for web delivery! ;-)

And there's a couple of fractal-based pumper-uppers out there which make the possibility of poster art form DV mor eof a reality. I just cna't remember the names... "FrameBlender" comes to mind.

- Loren
Today's FCP 5 keytip:
Apply default Video Transition: Command-T.
Apply Default AUDIO Transition: Command-Option-T !

The FCP 5 KeyGuide?: your power placemat.
Now available at KeyGuide Central
www.neotrondesign.com
December 18, 2005 05:54PM
One day when we're all used to seeing everything in HD those captures will be called that old "film look". Go ahead get out the guillotine winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics