Ulimited RT limit

Posted by Rick Sebeck 
Ulimited RT limit
December 21, 2005 04:18PM
About 25 minutes into a sequence that I am watching in unlimited RT for a graphics pass, I "run out" of the green safe bar and it is all yellow unlimited.

I am assuming I am out of cache. Is there a setting that lets me increase this? Is it based on RAM? I haven't found any work around either (disabling clips in the beginning or moving the in point of the sequence doesn't help)

Anyone know a solution?
Re: Ulimited RT limit
December 22, 2005 05:01AM
How much RAM does your computer have? A 25 minute sequence is not much for FCP to handle, so is it possible that at 25 minutes the video content changes format?

I don't think using Unlimited RT is the best indicator of your timeline, but it can generally play most any thing unrendered until it gets in too deep. That is, of course depending on your computer model/speed.
December 22, 2005 11:06AM
Yeah.. that's my question.. what determines "too deep"? is it RAM? processor speed?

On the same note.. I thought it may have to do with the timeline so I copied the end of the sequence into a new sequence... but it was still all yellow. It wasn't until I turned some layers off and on, that it snapped back to green. So it is definitely some sort of render cache.

Again. I understand the point of RT and I am trying to use it for that purpose.. just a quick way of watching a graphic intense sequence without rendering. But I just wish you could set an in point for where the cache starts in the timeline.
December 24, 2005 02:31PM
A) Increase the RAM cache setting.
B) Optimize the images in Photoshop prior to importing them into FCP.

Most people don't optimize images in PS anymore. A shame really, 'cause if you make them large enough, but not too large and at 72 DPI...you'll have much more RT w/o sacrificing the cache.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics