there's no MPEG-2

Posted by patrick farley 
there's no MPEG-2
December 23, 2005 03:02AM
When I was using FCP 3/DVDSP 2, when I exported out of FCP I used MPEG-2 format and my QT surf movies looked good.

But I'm now using FCP 3 with DVDSP 4, & when I go to export out of FCP there is no MPEG-2. I tried using there MPEG-4 video, and it came out bad. I tried the h.264, with a 4minute clip- after an hour of rendering/compressing it said it still had another 5 hours to go. I shortened the clip & that still was not good.

Does QT Pro have MPEG-2. I looked on the sight but all it talks about is MPEG-4 & h.264, and no mention of mpeg-2. It does say you can purchase MPEG-2 playback, but in the fine writing it states that it does not encode or create mpeg-2's.

Any suggestions. thank you pat
Re: there's no MPEG-2
December 23, 2005 04:41AM
[www.apple.com]

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
December 23, 2005 03:58PM
DVD SP 4 loads Compressor which is the GUI for MPEG-2 in QuickTime. Got to have QT Pro loaded to use MPEG-2
December 23, 2005 07:44PM
Before I posted my message I went to the QT sight & I used three browsers to get to that webpage -Firefox, Safari, & IE, and what I got was - invalid, sight does not exist, error, and another page that said 'invalid serial number'.
I would have thought maybe I typed my serial # wrong, but having just spent the last 4 months - everyday - handtyping HTML- there is no error in my
serial# .
I tried every option I know- except Apple support, which has never solved any of my problems & charged me.
December 23, 2005 08:39PM
>> I tried the h.264,<<

Are you using Quicktime 7? When you upgraded to quicktime 7 you would have lost your qt pro licence, as well as the mpeg-2 encoder. You need to purchase a licence for quicktime 7 pro or go back to 6 and reload the mpeg-2 component.
December 24, 2005 02:34AM
thank you everyone. QT Pro was the answer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics