audio sync in timeline

Posted by claylyons 
audio sync in timeline
December 28, 2005 10:07AM
FCP 5.04
Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz
2 GB DDR SDRAM

I loaded a 42 min clip from my DVX100A when I play it in the viewer its fine, but when I move it to the timeline the audio leads the video by a second or so through the whole length of the clip. I think the clip was loaded incorrectly as others clips have no problem. I am just curious why the clip would be out of sync in the timeline and not in the viewer.

Thanks,

Claylyons
Greg Kozikowski
Re: audio sync in timeline
December 28, 2005 11:13AM
I can tell you the Timeline has a lot more housekeeping to go through than the Viewer does. The Timeline has to keep track of whether or not you're playing out to a tape machine and change the sound sync accordingly.

But that doesn't give you a second or two offset. Are you sure it's a full second. Can you count "One Potato" between the sound and the action?

Go down to View, External Video, and make sure it's off, but I don't think that's what's wrong.

<<< others clips have no problem.>>>

Other clips shot with that exact same camera on the same day?

Koz

December 29, 2005 02:11AM
Are your timeline settings correct, matching the clips in every single way? I agree with Koz -- if you're dead sure the clip itself is fine (ie. Viewer playback is good as well as QuickTime Player playback), a sync offset of one second in the timeline is highly unlikely.
December 29, 2005 03:13PM
Make sure you are monitoring properly.
Audio speakers and video monitor plugged into deck or camcorder. Only then can you check TRUE synch.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics