Scrolling Text Problem

Posted by SPK 
SPK
Scrolling Text Problem
January 05, 2006 02:25PM
I'm running FCP HD 4.5 and we're having a weird problem with the credit roll at the end. We put all of our credits in okay and have it scrolling just fine for almost 3 min., but there seems to be an odd glitch in it. Throughout the roll, when the words get to the center of the screen they appear to "step" down and then continue smoothly once again. For example, a name will approach the center of the screen smoothly, reach the center-appear to step down slightly closer to the name coming up behind it and then continue smoothly up.

Nothing I so seems to change this. Everything else is fine except this strange glitch. What can I do??
Re: Scrolling Text Problem
January 05, 2006 06:08PM
Do you by any chance have something else on another layer that stops happening or starts happeneing at that exact point? I've seen this problem with credits that had a layer above that stopped right at that point, even though it's opacity was at zero.
SPK
January 05, 2006 08:02PM
Actually, there are some things on other layers just before the scroll starts; however there isn't anything ove the scroll until it ends. Also, the strange "step down" thing happens throughout the roll. I'll try removing anything just before and just after the roll and see if that has an effect.

Thanks

SPK
January 06, 2006 02:42PM
I tried your suggestion to no avail. Still doing the "step down" thing regardless of no video tracks above it.
January 06, 2006 08:17PM
OK. What happens if you make a new sequence and put the scroll on that? still the same problem?

If not, can you then drag this sequence into your original sequence and still no problem?

If so, great, if not, try exporting a self contained movie of the (good, working) scroll, re-importing this and using it to get your project out.
January 06, 2006 09:33PM
You ARE checking this on a pro NTSC or PAL video monitor, aren't you?

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
SPK
January 06, 2006 11:46PM
I've tried a test sequence where I've essintially changed everything that could be changed and I still get the same problem. No good scrolls to import or nest. It's odd.
SPK
January 06, 2006 11:50PM
I'm using a pro NTSC monitor. My sequence is 23.98 and DV50-NTSC anamorphic. I've tried to create a credit roll using straight DV, with and without anamorphic set to no avail. I've changed the length of the scroll and fooled with just about every possible setting under scrolling text. Still get the "step down" thing right in the middle of the screen. If I check auto-kerning, I get weird movement throughout. Perhaps this is a bug.
January 07, 2006 04:09PM
You are using Title Crawl and not Scrolling Text right?
Title Crawl is far superior to the legacy generator.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
January 07, 2006 06:51PM
I don't really understand the ins and outs of drop frame stuff (being from PAL land). You are fully rendering the scroll in the 24 timeline, yes?

If this is still causing headaches, have you looked into Livetype for generating a scroll?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics