Rendering Resolution

Posted by ron 
ron
Rendering Resolution
January 05, 2006 06:18PM
I have a G5 2 gig Dual processor MAC. I'm running FCP 4.5 I've noticed -particularly with font - that the image appears very sharp on the computer screen and on the monitor BEFORE it is rendered. Once rendered...it becomes slightly soft. (blurry).

Has anyone else encountered this?

ALSO...

Are there any companies - or individuals - making AUDIO plugins for FCP?
I could really use an audio TIME COMPESSOR / EXPANDER.

Thanks,

Ron
Re: Rendering Resolution
January 05, 2006 06:53PM
#2 Playback is blurry

Shane's Stock Answer #2:

ONLY JUDGE THE QUALITY OF YOUR MATERIAL ON AN EXTERNAL NTSC MONITOR, OR AT LEAST A TV.

1. Disable overlays on the canvas
2. Make sure you've rendered everything (no green bars at the top of the timeline

[docs.info.apple.com]

DV footage requires large amounts of data and many computations. In order to maintain frame rate and be viewable at a normal size, only about one-fourth of the DV data is used in displaying the movie to the screen. However, the DV footage is still at full quality, and is best viewed thru a TV or NTSC monitor routed thru your camera or deck.
ron
January 05, 2006 07:05PM
Shane...

Thanks for the quick response. I am however referring to the external monitor (as well as the computer). It's a brand new 19" Sony Hi Rez NTSC
Broadcast Monitor. And by the way...I'm using an AJA uncompressed interface.

Also....there are no overlays on and no green bars at the top of the timeline.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Ron
January 06, 2006 09:29PM
Check out your RT Pop up Menu. The article lacks a couple of important things about that: You should be in Safe RT and NOT Unlimited RT. You should also be in Full Playback mode and NOT Dynamic RT. Also, even though you do not have Green Bars, you should still see if you can render the pieces at full quality. Make sure the DARK GREEN bar that says "FULL" has been checked. If it has not, then re-render your items. Also in the Video Processing Preference, set it to Best.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics