FCP not launching

Posted by kscritch 
FCP not launching
January 06, 2006 04:35PM
I am a public high school teacher with courses in Digital Video. We are currently experiencing problems on several machines with Final Cut Pro locking up during launch. We are in a lab of G4's with varying processor speeds, but I believe the problem is stemming from the versions of software that we are using and I'm hoping someone can set me straight. We are using System 10.3.9, Quicktime 7.0.3 and FCP 4.5(HD). Is there a compatability problem that I am not aware of?!?!

Thanks!
Greg Kozikowski
Re: FCP not launching
January 06, 2006 04:53PM
Someone will correct me, but I believe Quicktime 6 is best with 10.3.9 and FCP 4.5. It's not necessarily unstable if you cross them, but we had several postings here with poor operation from people who did.

Our FCP 5 has QT 7.0.3 and our FCP 4.5 has QT 6.5.1. Both are very stable (so far).

Koz

January 06, 2006 06:33PM
QT 6.5.2 is really best on 10.3.x and FCP HD. QT 7.02 -03 is best on Tiger with FCP 5.

The issue with FCP failing to startup can be as simple as running Disk Utilities> Repair Disk Permissions or perhaps more troubleshooting may be necessary.
What was done to these computers last before they started exhibiting the problem.

Generally, you should run Repair Disk Permissions after installing software,
January 06, 2006 09:21PM
Also trash your FCP prefs and .plists

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics