Losing Sync

Posted by NaylorM 
Losing Sync
January 20, 2006 09:59AM
I have been printing a 30 minute show from Final cut pro 5. Sometimes I get a glitch, that is not to bad, but I really want to start avoiding it. The other thing is sometimes while I am printing, I lose sync with the audio.

Can anyone shed any light on this matter.

I am going from Final cut pro and printing it to a JVC BR-DV3000

Thank you
NaylorM

M Naylor
Re: Losing Sync
January 20, 2006 11:03AM
One, export a self-contained QuickTime movie file first. Match its settings with your timeline and clip settings and there will be no loss in quality, and this will stabilize your output process drastically.

Two, make sure you're monitoring sound and image at the same level. The Canvas image will *never* be in sync with the sound coming from your output device; the computer's sound is ahead of the sound monitored at the output-device level.

Three, we really can't tell you anything about your "glitch" if you don't describe it. What exactly do you get? Pixellations? Jumbled image? Sound spikes?
January 20, 2006 11:43AM
The glitch is a combination of everything you mentioned. The screen cuts to a jumble of faded out colors, and it makes and awful screeching sound. Afterwards, everthing will be fine. There is no sync loss

Hope that helps

M Naylor
January 20, 2006 01:09PM
NaylorM wrote:

> screen cuts to a jumble of faded out colors, and it makes and
> awful screeching sound. Afterwards, everthing will be fine.

Sounds like a corrupt video file - does it show ok in the Canvas window and on your video monitor? You may need to step through frame by frame and check the area it occurs.

Have you tried redigitising that particular clip back in? It may also be corrupted data on the DV tape - if so - and if it's only a frame or 2 - try cutting around it by doubling up the preceeding or following frames and pasting it over to cover the glitch. Most people won't notice a single frame although this is a last resort.

Also run some diagnostics on your video drives it could be an issue there. Use Disk Utility and Disk Warrior or Techtool Pro.

Ben

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
January 23, 2006 02:20PM
Synch loss?
Your captured clips are too long.
Your drives are too slow or are not initialized properly.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics