miracle...?

Posted by EditorTom 
miracle...?
January 24, 2006 06:49PM
....I'm being facetious, but what could possibly be going on when the following happens:

I've been viewing a DV sequence on my external monitor (FW out through my dsr-45, then component out to the monitor).

I switch over to look at a 10bit uncompressed sequence and forget that I have to switch off the external 'view all frames' function since I long ago took out the BM 10bit card I had in this machine. But lo and behold, the 10bit sequence plays out to the monitor over the firewire cable!

That's impossible, right?

Re: miracle...?
January 24, 2006 07:35PM
The same happens with my assistants logging station. Sometimes it has an i/o sometimes it doesn't. But it can output uncompressed sequences via my dsr-25.

I think this is just one of the "realtime" previews. Just remember, you aren't seeing the uncompressed video, since it is going through the deck. Or at least, you cant "record it".

But yeah.. FW is fast enough to send SD (thats what the i/o is all about) and as long as the sequence settings match the clip setting, you can work in a 10bit timeline with a DV deck to monitor.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics