HELP - major issues with output!!!!

Posted by juliag23 
HELP - major issues with output!!!!
January 25, 2006 01:06PM
hi there-

I'm having two problems... I am using a JVC BR-DV3000 deck with Firewire connection. My sequence is 23.98. I needed to make a 29.97 NDF output with TC on the address track and:

1. The TC will not line up. I've tried to change the playback offset and it's impossible to get it to line up. I finally had to set it to -00:00:14 to get it near correct and still it was one frame off. ????

2. When I sent the tapes to be dubbed to 3/4" the guys found that the tape would display a Drop Frame TC , but play NDF. Then they took the tape to their burn in machine and it showed the opposite - displayed NDF, but played Drop frame.

What is going on? Am i missing something here????

any answers would be sooo appreciated.

Julia
Re: HELP - major issues with output!!!!
January 25, 2006 01:39PM
Big question I have is, why are you editing on at 23.98 timeline if you are outputting 29.97? And the timecode won't line up with what? the timeline timecode? No surprise, only the DSR-11 can accept timeline TC via firewire, with a little bit of a work around.

Dunno what is up with the dubbing. 3/4" is a worse format that DV when it comes to timecode...3/4" is plain bad when it comes to TC...why are you going to 3/4"?
January 25, 2006 01:54PM

Big question I have is, why are you editing on at 23.98 timeline if you are outputting 29.97?

it is a feature film shot in HDCam and will go back to 35mm. That's why we're cutting at 23.98.

And the timecode won't line up with what? the timeline timecode?

exactly - the TC burn won't lock to the Timeline TC.

Outputting to DVCam because that is the deck we have so when people need outputs (and can't use Quicktimes) we either give them a DVCam or send the DVCam to be dubbed to another format.

why are you going to 3/4"?
3/4" because our sound editor needs that format for ADR/looping etc.

Any other thoughts....?
January 25, 2006 02:29PM
OK...the 23.98 timeline makes sense here then..but then with that timeline, you can't really output to tape reliably. Tape runs at 29.97, and you are at 23.98...so...something will be off.

You're audio guys still take 3/4"? Dark ages. I still have a composer who wants VHS with TC on CH 2. Tough to get him away from that.

Can you ask them if they will take a quicktime file?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics