DVD to QT?

Posted by spaceman 
DVD to QT?
February 12, 2006 05:36PM
Hi guy's,
Havn't been around lately, but I've run accoss a challange I thought some of you may know the answer to..

After ripping a DVD with somehing like Mac The Ripper, And creaqting a perfect copy on your hard drive with the two folders required to burn ( the Video _TS and the Audio_TS folders).

With no copywrite infringements being an issue ... How can you create a Quick Time movie of the whole or part of it?

A stumper
Re: DVD to QT?
February 12, 2006 05:52PM
Mpeg Streamclip, or DVDxDV.

Why are copywrite infringements not an issue?
February 12, 2006 06:04PM
Paying for permission to use a part of a music video if I can extract the thing...

DVDxDV just doesn't work for me Mactheripper extracts perfectly and i could burn as many copies as i'd like if that is what i was doing.
A.F.
February 12, 2006 06:14PM
Shane,
I already have the DVD into a folder with the two necessary folders and the Video_TS has all the proper files in it.
I can make a QT but without audio?
That's the problem...
February 12, 2006 06:37PM
Use MPEG Streamclip and open one of the VOB files copied by Mac the Ripper. Make sure it's a large VOB file -- smaller ones probably mean menu items, extras etc.
February 12, 2006 06:54PM
Could not find a Mac version of "MPEG Streamclip" to down load...

Isn't there any other way?
A.F.
February 12, 2006 07:17PM
Did you type the name correctly when searching? This link pops up as the very first search result in Google if you type "MPEG Streamclip":

[www.alfanet.it]
February 12, 2006 07:58PM
a LOT of people have been having problems with both DVDxDV and mpegstreamclip lately. im willing to bet that they are trying to open the wrong files or opening them the wrong way...

its often like the 3rd or 4th VOB clip down that actually contains the movie file
February 13, 2006 04:31AM
I use Handbrake a great little program.

and free

Derek
February 13, 2006 11:52AM
Hey Guys,
Thanks for all your help...
"Handbrake" is a great program and did the trick as well as "ffmpegx".
"Mpeg Streamclip" since getting the mac version works well also.

I knew I came to the correct place for help, I guess I'll just have to start attending meetings again.
Arnold

Post Edited (02-13-06 09:53)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics