Opening Project Problem!!!

Posted by Krislon 
Opening Project Problem!!!
February 17, 2006 02:40AM
Resently i just restarted my computer and install everything back. I had all my projects (FCP) saved on a external HD. Now all the others projects can be open exept for the most important one that every time i try to open it, it just says "GENERAL ERROR!" and it wont read it at all. Does anyone have an idea why ??? Thnx for any help. I will die if i loose this project! That's my life right now. Thnx!

Kris
Re: Opening Project Problem!!!
February 17, 2006 02:55AM
You don't have any other copies of this file?

The project file could be corrupt. Try opening it on another station. How large is the file size? Is it comparable to older versions of this file? If it's substantially smaller, then it's been corrupted.
February 17, 2006 03:08AM
I've recieved the dreaded "General Error" message myself. I couldn't get the project open by just clicking on it. I was lucky to know someone who knows how to do a tracer through the terminal window to find the problem. The problem turned out to be missing files that FCP was looking for. Once he opened the project we had to either find those files and recoonnect, replace them, or delete the files in the browser so that FCP would not look for them.

On top of that I copied the project and renamed it. After all that, the original project file could not be opened. So, I had to work off the Copied project file.

Best of luck,

G-
February 17, 2006 04:14AM
try the following tutorial on this site

[www.lafcpug.org]

I managed to open a general error project yesterday with this work flow!

good luck

paurray
Anonymous User
February 17, 2006 04:28AM
Often General errors can be cured by simply trashing your preferences.

February 17, 2006 02:03PM
Hey THNX U SOOO MUCH 2 ALL for the help!!! =) I got my project back. U guys are a lifesavers! winking smiley

THNX!!!

Kris
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics