72dpi

Posted by gdogg 
72dpi
February 17, 2006 02:51AM
Hi, can anyone breakdown for me why it seems that when working with graphics I keep hearing 72dpi? That seems to be the go to resolution.
Re: 72dpi
February 17, 2006 04:38AM
72 DPI is the resolution of video in the photo world. If you export a still from video, you get 720x480 at 72 DPI.
February 17, 2006 07:21AM
Check out the extensive explaination here:

[www.lafcpug.org]

Ben

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Greg Kozikowski
February 17, 2006 11:09AM

That's a good thread.

Yes, video doesn't have "inches" like paper does, so Dots Per Inch doesn't translate well.

Koz
February 17, 2006 11:20AM
I used to work as Design Director for a company called The Loop and I was constantly having to explain to freelancers and companies supplying us with material (even to Graphics people!) what dpi, lpi, pixel res & ratios are and when and where to use them.

You may have heard a slight rumble in the air about 5 years ago when i blew up after speaking to a London based Ad agency about a deliverable that they had failed to get right for the 5th time...

!BOOM!

Luckily no animals got hurt in the explosion!

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics