I am betting there must be functional/practical/efficient software
available to circumvent tedious typing.

I'm using OSX panther on my dual 500 G4 and
xp on my HP L2000 laptop.

What's the word?

anton
Re: voice recognition
February 19, 2006 04:09PM
There's a whole line of products out there that does this job with a variety of results. Some are free downloads, some are fabulously expensive: They are called Assistant Editors.
February 19, 2006 09:42PM
If you can find a software program that can reliably turn speech to text... I'd love to know. We spends a lot of money every year on hours of transcriptions. I've demo'd plenty of programs over the years, but none are as accurate or efficient as the classic human transcriber.

Do a google search for transcription services and you'll find that there's a healthy number of choices. That tells me that there aren't any viable software solutions... yet.

Mark
February 19, 2006 10:31PM
it does NOT exist. thats why there is still a HUGE business in transcription services.
February 20, 2006 01:57AM
Look at it this way:

1. Even spy agencies still use human monitoring of wiretaps.

2. If you trust an automated transcription software that mistakes "let us entertain you" for "lettuce in continue", you could end up with a documentary about salads. It'll take a hell of a lot more time correcting the mistakes than if you'd been transcribing it right in the first place.

3. Just accents alone will probably throw any machine in for a loop. Let not forget human speech nuances like stutters, pauses, drawls, slurs, flat vowels, UK vs. US, Canada vs. US...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics