batch capture problemos

Posted by Kelly 
batch capture problemos
July 13, 2005 06:00PM
G5, FCP 5.0
I have media I captured with 4.5 and could only capture 2 channels of audio. Now I have deleted that media and batch captured in FCP 5 so that I can capture all 4 channels of audio. There is has been small annoyance after small annoyance. However, the worst problem is, that when the clips are "reconnected" within the timeline, some are off by like 2 frames and for this particular project, that sucks. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the clips that come up off. For instance, if there are 6 clips in the timeline from the same master clip within FCP, then sometimes the first 2 are off by a few frames or the middle one is off. It seems that the only way to fix this is to watch and recut every clip. What the craziness? Any help would be much abliged and appreciated.
Thanks so much
Re: batch capture problemos
July 14, 2005 12:01AM
If you updated your project from 4.5 to 5.0, that in and of itself could be your problem. There have always been oddities with updating a previous project to a higher version in FCP. You're better off not doing it. Try manually logging a couple of the clips and see if they work then. If not, then you may have a different problem.

Andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics