connecting a monitor for color correction

Posted by digitalfilmmaker 
i just received a nine inch sony monitor and i have no ideao how to connect it. basically I got two cables don't know what to do with it... on the top of it i have to get the project done by tomorow evening!

thanx for your help
Re: connecting a monitor for color correction
August 16, 2005 10:53AM
The monitor can't go straight into the computer. You'll need to go through a deck of some sort. In addition, some monitors have connectors that won't interface with certain decks (the DSR-11, for example, only has 4-pin FireWire, RCA and S-Video ports), so you'll need to use adapters.

Nine inches? That's really, really small for colour-correction purposes.
Greg Kozikowski
August 16, 2005 11:13AM

Nine inch means the pixel structure on the face of the tube is larger than some of the errors you're looking for.

That and if you do use a deck or camcorder to do the interface, you need to know that most of them don't transfer video levels correctly and you need to calibrate the monitor with the FCP bar signal to make it work.

But given all that, and assuming the monitor is in good shape (and larger) the correction process can be made to work very well.

Koz
yeah nice inch is tiny but it was the only one left and the project has to be done pretty fast. thanx for your help i'm going to pick the deck
just got a shi*** samsung camera that doesn(t even have a dv to a/v converter so in order to save some $ i'll just get a friend's sony little dvcamera... thanx for the help
now i just need to find out how to calibrate the monitor with fcp
August 17, 2005 07:12AM
Look in your FCP manual for calibration. There are a couple of good pages that step you through this.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics