Where Oh Where is my RAID?

Posted by David Stark 
Where Oh Where is my RAID?
February 22, 2006 01:36PM
A simple question from a new MAC user.

I've an 800 Gig external SATA striped RAID attached to my G5 which I'm using for my media files with FCP. When I connect to the G5 over our network from either a Powerbook or a PC where After Effects work is done, I connect to my user file and I can access all the files on the internal drive of the G5. However the RAID doesn't appear when I open the desktop folder. I can't find it anywhere over the network ... which make sharing the media files a little tough. I've been planning on using Automactic Duck for my current project.

Applecare tech support will only support connecting to the G5's internal drive ... not much help there. Am I missing something obvious?

Here are a couple of JPEGS with the settings I'm using;
[home.earthlink.net]
[home.earthlink.net]

Thanks ... help greatly appreciated.
David
Re: Where Oh Where is my RAID?
February 22, 2006 03:10PM
Sounds like you need Xsan.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
February 22, 2006 03:11PM
David Stark wrote:

> Here are a couple of JPEGS with the settings I'm using;
> [home.earthlink.net]
> [home.earthlink.net]

On your permissions settings for the drive, start by ticking the "Ignore Ownership" for the drive.

See if that helps.

- pi

February 22, 2006 05:45PM
I?ve been experiencing similar problems with my Lacie Biggest F800 Raid. Normally, a good ol? trick of re-inserting FW cable helps but results are poor with my newest G5 Quad / Lacie setup. Sometimes it just doesn?t want to mount.

This seems a fairly new problem, nothing on the web regarding this particular setup.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics