Master Clip Settings for Re-Dig

Posted by Adam Duplay 
Master Clip Settings for Re-Dig
February 27, 2006 02:41PM

Hello Everyone,

I am re-cutting a documentary that I successfully brought back online by batch capturing everything from the old FCP 3 project.

My problem is that when the show was originally up-rezed, the low-rez audio was left in place ? sequence clips were made independent ? and only video was captured at hi rez. So now when I use match-frame command, the master clips have no audio.

So? The question is... Is it possible to change the master clip settings so that I can redig everything with audio? How do I do it?

Thanks,

Adam Duplay
Re: Master Clip Settings for Re-Dig
February 27, 2006 04:44PM
> Is it possible to change the master clip settings so that I can redig
> everything with audio? How do I do it?

Yes, but the command will depend on which version of FCP you're using. With FCP 4.5, select the logs to be recaptured in the Browser, then CONTROL-click on their Tracks column and select "1V, 2A" instead of just "1V". Then in the Audio column choose either Stereo or A1+A2 (dual-channel mono).

In FCP5, select the clips and go to Modify - Clip Settings. Make sure audio is selected.
Re: Master Clip Settings for Re-Dig
February 28, 2006 12:06AM
Thanks Derek.

Your response symbolizes the reasons why this forum stands apart from the rest - that was a serious and complex answer... in only 2 hrs and 3 min.

Adam Duplay
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics