Quicktime Crash on Export

Posted by Wayne 
Quicktime Crash on Export
April 09, 2006 02:51AM
Hi everyone,

Really desperate for some help from a novice. I've been using FCP 3 for a few years but only casually so don't know too much of the tech stuff. I recently upgraded to Tiger and when I used fcp and idvd I came across new problems.

When I export my FCP sequence to a m2v file for dvdsp, it just crashes and closes. This happens everytime and only for m2v files it seems.

So I exported as dv format which worked fine and then tried to burn onto dvd using idvd ... and this crashes 1/2 way through burn everytime.

I have Quicktime 7.0.4.

These probs both happened only after upgrading to tiger???

Anyone got any ideas on what this may be caused by?? or any help on how to fix??

Appreciate your help

Cheers

Wayne

Post Edited (04-09-06 00:53)

www.southerncreatures.com
Re: Quicktime Crash on Export
April 09, 2006 07:17AM
Export to MPEG-2 should have been removed in QuickTime7. Unless you're using an old module, how are you doing this? Are you using Compressor?

All the best,

Tom
April 09, 2006 11:19AM
Hi Tom,

I'm doing this through fcp. File - Export - Quicktime - MPEG-2 (under options).

Maybe going through fcp is using an older version? is that possible?

hope you can help ...

Cheers

Wayne

April 09, 2006 11:43AM
If Tiger and FCP were properly installed there should be no MPEG-2 export available. Did you do a clean erase and install of the OS or just upgrade the OS? Did you reinstall FCP from the discs?

Your best bet at this stage is to go through Compressor. Do you have Compressor? If you don't you're going to need to upgrade your software.

All the best,

Tom
April 11, 2006 09:14PM
Hi Tom.

I did an upgrade of the OS. I then reinstalled fcp from the disks. Still have my crashing problem when trying to export to mpeg-2.

Don't have compressor ... I have toast if thats any help?

Thanks Tom

Regards
Wayne

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics