Upgradeing to Final Cut Studio

Posted by gogwc 
Upgradeing to Final Cut Studio
April 18, 2006 09:55AM
Upgraded to FCS from FCPHD 4.5 and did not get a new application for Final Cut 5. I still have FCPHD with the original reg number. Am I missing something here. Do you not get FCP5 with the upgrade? I got all the other apps but not an upgrade to FCP5...... watzzzz up with that

Thanks
Guy W Cearley

Post Edited (04-18-06 07:59)
Re: Upgradeing to Final Cut Studio
April 18, 2006 10:01AM
Upgraded to FCS from FCPHD 4.5 and did not get a new application for Final Cut 5. I still have FCPHD with the original reg number. Am I missing something here. Do you not get FCP5 with the upgrade? I got all the other apps but not an upgrade to FCP5...... watzzzz up with that

Thanks
Guy W Cearley
Anonymous User
April 18, 2006 10:30AM
Depends on where you got it? Did you get the cross grade or go to the store and buy it?

April 18, 2006 10:39AM
I bought it direct from Apple... had to send my install disk from FCPHD4.5 back to get it. The istaller says the install was complete; but I have no new icon for FCP5
Anonymous User
April 18, 2006 11:02AM
icon looks the same if I recall.Find the FCP icon in the applications folder and select it in columns view. That will tell you what version of FCP you got installed.

If all went well with the FCS install, it should say 5.1

April 18, 2006 12:01PM
Michael
the version is identified as 4.5 ... still my old version. Should I drag the old icons to the trash and try and reinstall? I still have the icon from version 3.0 also in the applications folder ( I had upgraded from 3.0 to 4.5).

This upgrade from apple should be for the version 5 also. I'm stumped. I've tried to find a number at Apple to speak to a human but to no avail. With an upgrade like this ususlly you always get at least to ask somebody questions about the install.. any thoughts?

Thanks again
Guy
Anonymous User
April 18, 2006 12:09PM
Read the Read Me on the install disks and re-install. Follow the directions.

April 18, 2006 01:32PM
Dif you get a complete biox of Final Cut Studio with manuals and DVD's for installation or are you talking about the $199.00 upgrade from FCP 4 to FC Studio as an Intel Binaries?
April 18, 2006 08:12PM
I am talking about the $199.00 upgrade from FCP 4 to FC
Studio? I don't recall anything about any Binary part. Does that mean there was never goint to be an upgrade to FCP5 included? It was my nderstanding there was. Can I send the whole thing back and get a refund?

Thanks again

Very dissapointed

Guy
Anonymous User
April 18, 2006 09:46PM
I'm sure you got thte right one. yoy just need to read the instructions and try again

April 19, 2006 10:58AM
I did this upgrade too and had similar trouble. Both 4.5 and 5.1 icons appeared in the apps folder.

I couldn't launch FCP 5.1 and spent a couple of hours with Apple techs to get it working right. We couldn't get it to work in a test login either

Had to uninstall, blow out the receipts and preferences folders and re-install. If you're still having trouble, phone and get tech support. They know about this problem and have it on file. I believe it may be an issue with 10.4.6

Jamie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics