Trouble Installing 3.04 Updater

Posted by Bruce Devereux 
I'll hopefully make this as clear as possible...

1) Had FCP 3.04 running sweet on Jaguar.
2) Time to upgrade to Panther.
3) Clean Install of Panther. No Problems.
4) Loaded all applications back into Panther. No Problem.
5) Running FCP 3.02 under Panther. No Problem. Very stable and snappy.
6) Decided to download 3.04 from Apple site and upgrade 3.02. Download OK.
7) Time to install 3.04 and I get the followilng message....
"Registration Error (1) you must have a registered copy of Final Cut Pro installed. Please reinstall Final Cut Pro from it's original CD, Launch it, and complete the registration screen before running this updater."
8) I went back to System 9. Loaded my original FCP 2 discs. Registered. Upgraded FCP 2 with my FCP3 upgrade discs and registered. FCP 3 is fine within OS9.
9) Installed FCP 3 within Panther. Runs fine. Try to install the 3.04 update and I get the same Error message. Strange because when I open FCP 3.02 in Panther the open screen shot shows the registered Serial #, my name, etc but still states that I do not have a registered version.
10) I am still able to run 3.02 within Panther without any problems but I thought the update to 3.04 may be even better.
11) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bruce
Re: Simialr trouble
May 16, 2006 02:54PM
I just purchased a new mini mac with Tiger. Linked it with my trust powerbook G4 to transfer all the files and apps, but it tells me there's a system folder missing with I try to run FCP on the mini mac.

I can't re-install from the discs, since I have FCP 1.2 with a FCP 3 upgrade, and the minimac doesn't recognize the FCP 1.2 OS 9 version.

Anyway to make this work without plunking down money for the latest FCP--not to mention, I really don't want to start a new program in the middle of a project.

Ciao,
Augusta
May 16, 2006 09:38PM
did you use the migration assistant, Augusta?
that's in the Utilities folder

nick
May 18, 2006 01:13PM
I tried that--but I'm getting this error message, but it was telling me to re-install via the disc. I put in the Upgrade to 3 disc and I go this:

this installation requires system folder on destination drive.

Any ideas?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics