Any comments on last night's meeting?

Posted by Sprocketz 
Any comments on last night's meeting?
March 23, 2006 03:08PM
Ironically, I couldn't go to last nights meeting because I was on a shoot using the HVX. The project was SD using DVCPro50 streamed firewire to Final Cut for recording.

I assume some HD footage was screened. Considering all the controversy around the resolution of the cameras CCD's, how did the footage look when projected?

So far I am on the fence about how usefull the camera is for HD but it certainly great for SD.

Any insights from the meeting?

Anonymous User
Re: Any comments on last night's meeting?
March 23, 2006 04:23PM
Mob scene that was for sure. Great job by Shane, Jim, Andrew and Barry. Not enough tie to cover everything but we did learn a lot. We taped the show and will hopefully have it read in a few weeks.

One thing that stunned the crowd was the footage Shane and Jim showed of their movie for the History channel. Wow. Parts were shot with the Varicam and parts were shot with the HVX. Couldn't tell the difference. Great stuff

And best was how honest these guys were about the camera ansd workflow. Great show last night even though we had some tech problems

March 23, 2006 05:05PM
Thanks Michael, I am so sorry I couldn't be there. I will certainly buy a DVD when it becomes available but I won't be able to see what it looks like on the big screen. I will have to keep my eyes peeled for another opportunity to see that.
Anonymous User
March 23, 2006 05:11PM
Bummer we cant get rights to show the footage they showed. It looked amazing. Serioulsy. Course helps they had a talented DP.

March 23, 2006 05:16PM
And if you have any questions that you feel we didn't cover at the meeting, please ask. As usual, we did't have enough time and didn't get to all we'd like to get to.

I have a video tutorial on how to import the P2 footage into FCP at www.proapptips.com/shane

And I have the various P2 workflows...laptops, P2 Store and importing directly from camera...on my site: www.LFHD.net. Unfortunately the site is down for the moment, but I hope to have it up in a few days.

Maybe you can stream out the video of the meeting and put a black box over the screen when it shows images that are rights-protected? ;-)

I'd love to be able to see online the meetings I can't attend.
March 24, 2006 04:39AM
Podcast video maybe?

It would be great to see what you guys get up to in LA!

I will roll along to a meeting one day when I get a holiday or paid business trip to the states!

Ben

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Anonymous User
March 24, 2006 12:17PM
Problem with pod casts is the bandwidth. Costs big bucks. We could go torrent but again we'd have to figure out away to make it easy to charge a few bucks to cover the cost of making these things. Big pain in the butt.

March 24, 2006 03:06PM
Michael

I can arrange tons of bandwith 50GB+ per month on a very large webspace 30GB+ for free - although I'll have to look at the limits on individual file sizes - it used to be 50MB which could be good for a set of small 5 to 10 minute podcasts but not much good if you wanted the whole meeting...

Let me know

Ben

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics